PDA

View Full Version : Rickets Glen in September

kevin Tressel
09-29-2008, 10:06 PM
I took this photo at Rickets Glen State Park in Pennsylvania

Roman Kurywczak
09-30-2008, 01:52 PM
Hi Kevin,
You handled the mixed light on this one pretty well. The fog adds to the feel also while the right shadowedarea balances pretty well with the left side (even with the cut grass). My big problem with this one is the con trails. Nothing you could do with them in the field.........but the pattern they create takes away quite a bit from the serene presentation. If you are not against such things........i would suggest getting rid of some and softening others.

Judd Patterson
09-30-2008, 09:14 PM
I agree with Roman that the contrails provide you with no favors in this image. In some areas of the country they can be remarkablly hard to avoid...they annoy my constantly. ;) The foggy river is quite nice and I think I would have focused in closer on the water...perhaps moving down closer to the shore to avoid the nearside cut grass and using the vegetation along the shore to frame a tighter image. Certainly a peaceful looking scene...nice work!

Robert Amoruso
10-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Kevin,

You fell prey to one of our greatest demons, contrails. As mentioned you can clone them. I would also suggest selecting the sky and darkening it. I did it by making a selection using CTRL>ALT>~ to get all the highlights in the sky and water reflection. I created a curves adjustment with the selection and darken the highlights by pulling down on the curve at its mid-point). Repost attached.