PDA

View Full Version : Waist Deep

Paul Marcellini
09-29-2008, 05:01 PM
Another scene from my previous wading excursion.

I loved these 2 large cypress, just loaded with ferns, mosses, and lichens. It was hard to show all of it, and I didn't but this was one of the better angles.

Thanks for looking,
Paul

20d 10-22@16mm f13 1/5s iso400

Roman Kurywczak
09-30-2008, 01:48 PM
Hey Paul,
The tree with the ??Bromiliad???..is nice with all the different textures.......but there's a lot going on in the BG for my tastes..........especially the vines upper left. I eyed a crop from the top.........to just focus on the tree.........but that may be taking too much away from the textures of it. Not sure on this one.

Judd Patterson
09-30-2008, 09:11 PM
I especially love the near cypress and its decorative plants and lichen. I agree with Roman that its the vines in the upper left that make the background harder to digest...just a bit distracting, but still an overall pleasing image.

This scene is the final straw for sure...next weekend I am out in the swamp!! I've been wanting to go out for too long and always come up with some excuse to do something else instead. See you out there I hope! :)

Robert Amoruso
10-01-2008, 10:12 AM
Roman and Judd capture my feelings here well and you face the same dilemma I have when out making (or trying to make) these types of images. You do better then most of use Paul.