PDA

View Full Version : Heron by the Pond

larrybobo
01-14-2008, 04:53 PM
The crotch of an oak provided my tripod and camouflage while taking a series of photos
at my pond from about 75 feet. Feet of Heron did not show even before cropping the
green garden hose from the image. There is a lot of busy background here so I realize
this is not the typical bird post. I think the Heron probably lacks detail owing to my
inexperience and maybe the high ISO. Thanks for any and all criticism.

Date 6/4/2007
Olympus SP 550 UZ
1/500
ISO 800
F: 4.5
Auto WB
Focal Length: 84mm

Alfred Forns
01-15-2008, 01:27 PM
Hi Larry Must have been exciting getting this big bird Locally we can just about Pet them

When framing try getting the entire bird in the frame Legs are missing !! You are right about the back ground cutter but even with the clutter try lining up the subject Here the bird's beak is coming out of the tree If you are able try to isolate or have the bird at a distance to the bg to be able to blur !!!

Judd Patterson
01-16-2008, 12:21 AM
Hey Larry, glad that you were able to photograph this heron. It's always fun to see these guys, and even better when it's through the camera viewfinder. I agree with your own self-critique that it would be great to see a less cluttered background and the rest of the feet. Sounds like you are putting in good effort, and so with time better opportunities will arise.