PDA

View Full Version : Going Fishing

Gus Cobos
09-28-2008, 10:35 PM
Note: The under wing shadows are prominent. Composition and angle of capture was executed under harsh sun light conditions in order to record the tern’s flight pattern and feeding habit.
<O:p</O:p

This little guy was flying back and forth, circling and gliding looking for fish along the shore, one early morning at Estero Beach. He was painted with a Nikon D200, using a Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5 - f/5.6G. VR

Image solution:
focal length @ 200mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / in camera matrix metering / ISO @ 320 / 1/650sec. - f/11 / white balance @ auto / AF - mode @ dynamic range, auto - continuous / color space @ sRGB /lighting solution - no speedlight, ambient light / exposure comp @ +1.3EV / tone comp @ +1 degree / hue adjustment @ +1 degrees / saturation factor @ +1 degrees / support platform - no tripod, hand held /

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Oscar Zangroniz
09-29-2008, 06:23 AM
Great capture my friend. Looks very well exposed and composed. Excellent BG.Only thing that you mentioned is the under wing shadow.
Regards,

Alfred Forns
09-29-2008, 07:58 AM
Gus knows birds !!!!!! I like it a lot Gus Great wing position and calling !!! ....was that bird talking to you? :) btw great position in frame !!! Really like this one !!!!

Nicki Gwynn Jones
09-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Hi Gus,
Stunning capture my friend! My only nit is that I can see a halo around the head.
Regards,
Nicki

Jackie Schuknecht
09-29-2008, 08:55 PM
I like the placement in the frame and the expression on the tern. Pretty good for harsh lighting:). Very nice.