PDA

View Full Version : Aspen Leaf on Fern

Jared Gricoskie
09-28-2008, 10:32 PM
Even though I've never met Mike Moat's I heard him just screaming at me to take this shot. I loved the patterns and muted colors even while I was surrounded by an aspen grove that seemed to be on fire with the bright yellow leaves.

D300, Sigma 150mm, f2.8 @ f18 1/8th, tripod.

Julie Kenward
09-29-2008, 09:55 AM
Join the club, Jared! I think we've all had our "Mike Moat's moments!" I really like your choice of composition but wonder if a bit more contrast would give the image a little more of a pop? Did you play with doing a curves adjustment at all?

Anita Rakestraw
09-29-2008, 02:24 PM
This really is very nice, Jared! I too am a Mike Moat fan!! ;) I think Julie is right, that a little more contrast would make this a real winner! Good eye!

Mike Moats
09-29-2008, 05:35 PM
Hey Jared, never pass up a chance at a good leaf image. Very nice comp, I like that you placed the main vein of the fern on the diagonal, and the leaf in the lower third of the frame. Maybe a little extra contrast would not be a bad idea. I would have included the bottom part of the stem in the frame as I think its important to inclued all the parts of the main subject.