Costa's Hummingbird . . .

Olympus E-520, Zuiko 70-300 ED
Aperture Priority F/6.3, 1/160s
ISO 400
-0.30ev
Auto WB
Fill Flash
430 mm Focal Length

All CC's always welcome . . . Uncle Gus :)

Gus Cobos
09-28-2008, 08:03 PM
Hi Uncle Gus,
Its always a pleasure having you post your creations. I like this one Uncle. The composition is great and so is the perch; you have sharp details, with good color rendition. The background is a wee bit distracting because of the white lens flair. It keep catching my eye away from the little fellow. I'm going to send you bail money for the HA police...:p;):):D. He should be looking down at you, with some CCW rotation. I took the liberty of making a few changes to your image in order to enhance the way it presents. I hope this gives it more of a snap...see if you like and agree Uncle...:cool:

Gus Hallgren
09-29-2008, 01:19 AM
Hi Gus:
Thanks for CC And re-edit . . . I had tried Quick Mask & Cloning and gave up on it as IMHO I felt it was too difficult. I decided the only good method was to change the background, see what you think?
Keep smiling
Uncle Gus :)

Alfred Forns
09-29-2008, 07:56 AM
Hi Gus !!!

I think I would like an in between from the original and re posts !!! Agree the lighter circles particularly the three to the right are distracting but would like to leave the others. Totally gone the bg does not look natural?

Gus Hallgren
09-29-2008, 08:37 AM
This is fun, think I will go into the resturant business :D as it is rewarding if you come up with a good dish for every customer, and doubly so if the majority like it. Al, I was listening, and like your recipe. Here's what I came up with in the kitchen . . . Keep smiling . . . Uncle Gus :D

Oscar Zangroniz
09-29-2008, 09:49 AM
Your last re post hits it. Excellent details and very sharp. Beautiful bird Gus.
Regards,