PDA

View Full Version : Mustang Through the Patio Door

Anita Rakestraw
09-28-2008, 01:50 PM
My feral kitten turned housecat. We discovered that a feral cat had had 3 kittens in our barn last year. We caught them all, including the mother, when the kittens were 6-8 wks. old, and had all of them spayed/neutered and wormed. Put them back in the barn and mother immediately moved them somewhere else, but we recaptured this one before she got to him (the only male.) We named him Mustang since he was "wild." Then we adopted another 2 kittens from the animal shelter and installed them all in the barn. I went in everyday and loved on them all, fed them, etc. After almost a year, the other two were butterballs, but Mustang was still small and skinny as a rail. He was still scared of everything, especially the outdoors. Finally I just brought him into the house. In just a few months, he had almost doubled in size and put on weight. His home base is the computer room, which has a balcony. He loves his balcony where he can be outdoors but not down on the ground and vulnerable. He has never lost his "wild" wariness. I am the only one he trusts completely. He's my special buddy!

The day of this picture, I was out on the deck photographing hummingbirds or something, when I noticed him watching me through the patio door, partly in shadow, and took his picture.

Amy DeStefanis
09-28-2008, 02:12 PM
What a great shot! You got the bright and dark parts of his face perfectly!

I didn't know what to think when I saw the title - Horses on the porch? A car wrecked through your front door? Great name for a kitty!

Very sweet photo!

Amy D.

Anita Rakestraw
09-28-2008, 02:32 PM
LOL!! Thanks, Amy!!

Gus Cobos
09-28-2008, 03:10 PM
A handsome little guy...:D:):cool:

John Hubbard
09-28-2008, 03:40 PM
Anita, Mustang has such a wonderful face and white 'locket' on his chest! Guess he just wasn't cut out for the barn... All he needed was a 'relocation' and a loving owner to really thrive. Nice story!

Julie Kenward
09-28-2008, 04:56 PM
I love hearing how people come about their pets - what a great story! This image is so perfectly exposed and my favorite part is the tuft of red hair above that right ear...makes me want to reach right up and scratch it!

Alfred Forns
09-28-2008, 05:34 PM
Anita he does have a sweet look !! I'm sure he is special to you Love reading success stories !!! ............btw both of my girls think he is particularly good looking :)

Anita Rakestraw
09-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Thanks for commenting, everyone. I have some cute pictures of Mustang and also the 2 barn kitties as kittens. I'll post some more over the next few days.

Fabs Forns
09-30-2008, 12:13 PM
Mustang looks like a ham :)
Maybe we can have him meet our girls :)

Judy Lynn Malloch
10-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Love the image, name and the wonderful story. He was one lucky kitty when he met you Anita. I would like to meet you both one day !!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Anita Rakestraw
10-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Thank you so much, Fabs and Judy. It would be so much fun if all of us here could meet and also meet the pets, etc.! :)