PDA

View Full Version : Canaveral National Seashore Sunrise Pano No. 1

Robert Amoruso
09-28-2008, 09:49 AM
Forgotten that I did this one in July before the beach was changed by the hurricanes this year. This is low tide and you had a lot of flat sand in the morning giving nice reflections of the clouds. Now at low tide, the sand has been carried out creating a offshore sandbar and heightening the rip current threat with a big drop off at the shoreline - no flat, wet sand at low tide now.

I processed this one in Lab color converted it back to RGD and then played around in Levels. I used the RGB and Blue channels along with the white dropper to select different parts of the blue sky around the sun. This skewed the colors. I tried it until I got an affect I liked.

I used Lab color as I could not get the color I wanted in the sky in RGB. Stitched from 5 images overlapped 25%.

Canon 1D Mark III
24-105mm @ 24mm
10 sec, f/22
Mode: Manual
Metering: Evaluative
ISO: 50
AF mode: Manual Focus

Julie Kenward
09-29-2008, 03:03 PM
Robert, I'm so glad you brought up LAB color...I've been meaning to learn more about working in that color space. Have you read Dan Margulis' book on the subject? I'm just wondering if it's worth the investment.

As for the image, this is really incredible - the colors are so silky! The LLC is a bit dark compared to the LRC but that's just the shoreline, right?

Robert Amoruso
09-29-2008, 09:29 PM
Thanks Julie. I have the Margulis book. A bit hard to follow in some places. This link is an interesting discussion group thread on the book http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=18203.

LLC is the shore. I thought of lightening this but this is what it looks like. I panned one extra frame left to get the fishermen.

I would surprise myself if I could start this one over from scratch and get the same colors again.

Layton E Parham
09-30-2008, 11:34 AM
Beautiful, Robert, you are always teaching us something new .

Gerald_Gilligan
10-05-2008, 11:44 PM
Robert,
I'm not sure how you forgot about this one , bit I'm glad that you remembered to post it.
This image has a dream like feel to it. I think that it is great as is...I wouldn't change a thing...
Jerry