PDA

View Full Version : One last sea shell...

Michael Lloyd
09-28-2008, 12:02 AM
One more from Mustang Island...

EOS 1DsMKIII
MP65E @ about 1.2X hand held
Canon Ring Flash. ETTL. EC = -1

Manual Exposure
F-Stop = f14
ISO = 640
Shutter Speed = 1/160 second

Gus Cobos
09-28-2008, 09:46 AM
Well done Michael,
well placed in frame balanced and symmetrical. I like the contrasting textures and hues...congrats...:cool:

Amy DeStefanis
09-28-2008, 02:26 PM
This one's my favorite of them, Michael. I like the light and the details!

Amy D.

Julie Kenward
09-28-2008, 05:10 PM
That's my favorite! Saving the best for last were ya? Great focus and DOF and you did a wonderful job with the composition. Nicely done Michael!

Kaushik Balakumar
09-28-2008, 07:27 PM
Artistic image - very well seen & photographed.
I feel there's slight odd blue cast in the top (one-thirds of the image at top).
Am viewing on an uncalibrated screen - hence am not too sure.

Michael Lloyd
09-28-2008, 09:42 PM
Thanks Gus.

Amy- Mine too

Julie- busted... I almost never post a favorite first. Most of the time it's the last of the series :D

Kaushik- I see the same cast on a calibrated monitor. Actually... your comment makes me think I should try to clone out the two dark spots. I'm not sure what they are or what the blue cast is from.

Susan Griffith
09-29-2008, 12:26 PM
Michael,

I have really enjoyed this image, the framing, the symmetry, and the textures really stand out. Nice use of the flash as well.

-Susan

Mike Moats
09-29-2008, 05:37 PM
Hey Michael, agree this one works the best. Well done.

Chris Starbuck
10-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Very nice abstract; love the textures, lines, and arrangement of shapes. I'm not a fan of ring lights; I think I'd have preferred a single diffused flash about 45 degrees above and to the right, but that's a personal preference, and a nit besides.

I'm not sure what ... the blue cast is from.

Given that it's in the darker background, apparently out of range of the flash, I'd bet it's sky reflection. If you don't like it, you could mask that area on a Hue/Saturation layer and desaturate just the blue channel to get rid of it. Or use a levels layer (with the same area mask) and click on one of the bluer spots with the gray eye dropper. Then tweak the layer opacity if the effect is too strong. Or probably 20 other techniques that the real Photoshop gurus could suggest. :)

Chris