PDA

View Full Version : the gold in American golden-plover

Keith Carver
09-27-2008, 07:05 PM
Although this is an awful pose with a muddled background, it does show the "gold" in the American golden-plover (juvenile), both on the crown, and the spangling on the mantle, scapulars, and coverts. A little something different. :) This bird was at Weskeag Marsh, South Thomaston, Maine, October 1, 2007. Actually I like this weedy image, as that's where you almost always find this bird.

5D, 500 mm, 2X TC, ISO 800, f/8, 1/200.

C & C appreciated.

Fernando Cerra
09-27-2008, 07:41 PM
I like the expresion, and of course the golden color !

Alfred Forns
09-27-2008, 09:26 PM
Hi Keith You can increase the contrast a bit and will make a difference. I like the pose just needs a little more turn. The oof front sticks do detract but you got the face area totally clear and makes for a good image !!!

Axel Hildebrandt
09-27-2008, 09:59 PM
Great find and look back pose. I also wish for a bit more head turn and would give it more room, especially at the bottom for the 'virtual legs'.

Keith Carver
09-28-2008, 04:31 AM
Thanks, Alfred. I did increase the contrast on the re-post and it definitely helps. And Axel, I would also like more room and virtual legs at the bottom, but it would have to be completely manufactured from scratch, and it wouldn't fool anyone. ;o)