PDA

View Full Version : White Stork

Gyorgy Szimuly
12-30-2007, 01:51 PM
I warmly welcome every photographer fellow on this new forum.
Thanks Al for notifying me about the possibility to join to such a great community to be born. Great job you did in the past weeks. Hopefully you don't mind that I mellow the strong presence of North Americans in this forum :D

With this White Stork image I would like to wish you all the best for the New Year.

Great Hugs, Szimi

---
White Stork (Ciconia ciconia)
NW Hungary, Central Europe l July 2006
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N l EF 600mm f/4.0L IS USM l Extender EF 1.4x II

Alfred Forns
12-30-2007, 03:40 PM
Love the bg, square head angle and lookback pose Stunning !!!! Might give it a little more room at the bottom if you have it !!! Big Congrats !!!

Fabs Forns
12-30-2007, 05:02 PM
Very impressive framing, just a bit short at bottom as mentioned. The soft light is very becoming and it really makes the whites look spectacular.

I'm so glad you were able to join us, and you know what you can do to balance the American influence ;) Get some more Hungarians to sign up...

Happy New Year!!!

Judy Lynn Malloch
12-30-2007, 05:35 PM
Striking image and composition Szimi. The pose and BG are really beautiful and I agree about a tad more room at the bottom would add to this capture. Awesome image !!

Happy New Year Szimi
Judy

Lana Hays
12-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Szimi
Welcome!!! You've posted a beautiful stork with a nice over the shoulder pose. I like the detail and the habitat. More room at the bottom would be nice.....but then if if were OOF like what's already there, it might be more of a distraction. I think I like it as is.
Happy New Year to you as well!!!

Axel Hildebrandt
12-30-2007, 06:35 PM
Great setting, pose and details. Maybe you could just crop a bit off the top.

Maxis Gamez
12-30-2007, 06:44 PM
This is lovely. The flowers and pose make this image a work of art. Very nice!

Jody Melanson
12-30-2007, 07:10 PM
I like the way the DOF works in this image. Nits mentioned.

A big welcome aboard to you, Szimi! :)

George DeCamp
12-30-2007, 09:20 PM
I really like the small little flowers around the bird, adds a nice touch to the image. Nit mentioned, sweet shot all around!!

Robert O'Toole
12-30-2007, 09:21 PM
Love the bird, the light and the flower buds, wish they were all open but you cant have it all..

Robert

Glenn Bartley
12-30-2007, 11:14 PM
Beautiful image. Welcome aboard!

Jasper Doest
12-31-2007, 07:33 AM
Hi Smizi,

Good to see you here. I absolutely love storks...I'll go and try to photograph their courtship this spring. I hope to get back with quality images just like this one. As already mentioned I'd also like to see a bit more virtual legspace. And although there is a lot of feather detail here (which is great), I'd rather see the bird a bit brighter than you posted it.

Best,

Jim Neiger
12-31-2007, 09:30 AM
Beautiful lighting, bg, and pose. The fg flowers add alot to the image. Nice image, Szimi! Welcome to BPN!