PDA

View Full Version : Ask and you shall receive

Roman Kurywczak
09-27-2008, 02:15 PM
This will be the last from white dome..........
Well Robert and Julie,
Here it is........... the whole plume. The wind did change to make it go left.....but since I shot horizontal.........got the whole thing............I have one with the plume across frame............got too many water drop highlights.
Johannes.......you are looking at a geyser from Yellowstone National Park.........at night of course.
Canon Mark 3........with the 17-40mm lens at 17mm for 30 seconds at ISO 6400 and f4.0. Flashed. Noise ninja applied in PP.
I have to get some sleep! Mercifully..........it's cloudy already..........so maybe an early bedtime.

Robert Amoruso
09-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Way to go Roman.

Julie Kenward
09-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Fantastic! What a wonderful image of Yellowstone!!!

Judd Patterson
09-28-2008, 01:43 PM
Roman, these night images from White Dome have been a treat. I love the combination of stars and geysers...too cool! Well done and get some of that deserved sleep. :) (Oh, and I am jealous of ISO 6400...gotta get my hands on a 5D MII!!)

Paul Marcellini
09-29-2008, 05:13 PM
haha, yeah I have been waiting on high iso performance for a few years now. These types of shots always make me jealous also. The whole series is cool Roman. Now all you need is a comet or something to fill in the top right.