PDA

View Full Version : Changes to Canon Professional Services

David Kennedy
09-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Some interesting changes are in the works for Canon Professional Services USA, as described here (http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=StandardDisplayAct&fcategoryid=111&keycode=CPS). I was alerted to the changes yesterday by Carole Fisher, a representative for Nikon Professional Services (the University of Missouri gets a lot of equipment from Nikon, and she knew I was a Canon user). I think she expected me to be outraged by the proposed changes, but as I summarize them here, I think it's an improvement:

1. The 20% repair discount remains a free service for all CPS members

2. For $100 per year, the discount can be increased to 30% and the ability to borrow equipment for two-week-long periods is shifted to this "bracket" of CPS members (the only "negative" change--we all know that's a steal for rental equipment)

3. For $500 per year, the discount becomes 60%, two-day turnarounds for repairs are guaranteed, and if they can't meet that guarantee, temporary replacement equipment is sent to the CPS member to make up for the difference.

Alfred Forns
09-26-2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the info David!! Don't know what to make of it Glad I'm with NPS.

john crookes
09-26-2008, 12:16 PM
I will second that I am glad to be a NPS member also
I can not fathom having to pay money to get better service

Robert O'Toole
09-26-2008, 04:34 PM
Some interesting changes are in the works for Canon Professional Services USA, as described here (http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=StandardDisplayAct&fcategoryid=111&keycode=CPS). I was alerted to the changes yesterday by Carole Fisher, a representative for Nikon Professional Services (the University of Missouri gets a lot of equipment from Nikon, and she knew I was a Canon user). I think she expected me to be outraged by the proposed changes, but as I summarize them here, I think it's an improvement:

1. The 20% repair discount remains a free service for all CPS members

2. For $100 per year, the discount can be increased to 30% and the ability to borrow equipment for two-week-long periods is shifted to this "bracket" of CPS members (the only "negative" change--we all know that's a steal for rental equipment)

3. For $500 per year, the discount becomes 60%, two-day turnarounds for repairs are guaranteed, and if they can't meet that guarantee, temporary replacement equipment is sent to the CPS member to make up for the difference.

The changes look okay. They really needed to do something with the program.

Its starts early next year. RobG posted more info yesterday:

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_page.asp?cid=7-9316-9650

I have been it in for almost 10 yrs and each year the service gets worse. They should really get realistic and drop the Professional from the name. I would guess less than 10% are actually professionals.

Robert

P.s. Sorry didnt see the CPS link in David's message.

David Kennedy
10-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Robert,
My dad's name is Keith, so you were close :D

Robert

P.s. Sorry didnt see the CPS link in Keiths message.

Robert O'Toole
10-02-2008, 05:11 PM
Robert,
My dad's name is Keith, so you were close :D

Sorry David! :)

Understood and corrected.

Robert