PDA

View Full Version : Mossy stones

Johannes Glännman
09-26-2008, 08:59 AM
Hello...

I am trying here with a picture I took with my Nikon 12-24 and a polfilter.... I am quite happy with it. A bit worried about that I cut the grass on the very left side, but a lower angle and I got very booring white sky in the picture.... What do you think ?

Nikon D300
AF-S 12-24/4 at F10 and 22mm
Tripod
ISO 200 and 1/5sec

Cheers // Johannes

Julie Kenward
09-26-2008, 10:45 AM
Johannes, I really like this! The mossy rocks draw your eyes right across the entire image...what a wonderful composition! I especially like the brown color to the water against the green of the moss. It does look like it might need a tab bit of CCW as the left side looks to be a little bit tilted up compared to the right.

Roman Kurywczak
09-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Hi Johannes,
As Julie mentioned....a very nice composition. I agreed with you about the upper left bushes/grasses........so I did a minor crop and cloned/healing brushed out a few of the stumps. Don't remember if you were comfortable with that.........but even just the crop seems to trenghten it IMO. Let me know what you think.

Johannes Glännman
09-26-2008, 04:14 PM
Thank you very much. I was walking in the water a long time till I got this comp. I like your crop and cloning Roman. I dont mind to clone/heal at all when it is smaller subjects....

Thank you also Julie. I agree with the CCW but when I try to make it good it just looks odd. I think it is because there are no good lines to follow....

Cheers // johannes

Joanna Trescott
09-26-2008, 08:16 PM
Great composition, especially while wading. Really nice composition and colors. The repost is my favorite.

Robert Amoruso
09-27-2008, 09:13 AM
Johannes,

Beautiful image and the recrop enhances it well. The moss covered rocks are wonderful and the 1/5 sec perfect affect for the flowing water. Any slower and it starts to obscure the rocks.

Johannes Glännman
09-27-2008, 10:49 AM
Thank you Joanna and Robert.... I totaly agree with you...

It is very fun to take pictures with the 50/1.8... You have to move around a lot and use your legs.... I am learning very much on that...

I am happy you like the picture..

Cheers // johannes