PDA

View Full Version : Stop

Piotr Shpakowski
09-26-2008, 01:30 AM
Sitta europea.EOS 1D Mark 2N ,EF 300/4 IS,800 ISO,no crop.Bulgaria.Best Regards.

Fabs Forns
09-26-2008, 08:57 AM
Excellent in camera composition, you made good use of the full frame :)

Great pose and clean BG, the open feet make it for me :)

James Salywoda
09-26-2008, 11:05 AM
Super shot great position of the bird landing and an awesome background I think you could add a bit more sharpening to the head.

Arthur Morris
09-26-2008, 08:22 PM
Nice capture of the action. I sharpened the bird and blurred the perch, both with Quick Masks.

Raymond Barlow
09-26-2008, 10:06 PM
very cool capture., I do like the original.. Artie... the blurred perch looks very confusing, as the bird and perch are on the same focal plane., but your sharpening on the bird is very good.

Arthur Morris
09-27-2008, 05:47 AM
Artie... the blurred perch looks very confusing, as the bird and perch are on the same focal plane., but your sharpening on the bird is very good.

I get your point but the blurring of the perch was minimal and the bird is angling slightly away from the photographer. With depth of field being what it is--practically non-existent--it seems believable to me. Would be interested in hearing what the others might think.

Cheryl Flory
09-27-2008, 07:27 AM
I like the perch a bit more in focus since that is where the subject is just about to land. If the perch seems too strong in the image, I would reduce its impact by a different cropping instead of blurring. I guess I just want to make sure that little bird actually makes it to its perch and doesn't miss it by it appearing to be too far off track.

(yikes, my first two posts to the "grown-ups" forum, and I'm being contrary. this is scary :eek:"

Amy DeStefanis
09-27-2008, 11:07 AM
I must say that though the bird was a little soft in the original, it was at least apparent where he intended to land. The bird's sharpness looks great in the repost, but I agree he looks like his target is either off-image, or he needs a little pair of glasses. :)

Amy

Piotr Shpakowski
09-28-2008, 03:30 AM
Thanks for comments.I like the sharpened bird from Arties version but i like more perch from original one.Best regards