PDA

View Full Version : White Dome 3

Roman Kurywczak
09-25-2008, 11:14 PM
Hi all! Thanks for the feedback on the previous post. I will do both corrections........lightening and darkening of the FG........and let you know the results. Here's the newest test. Wanted to freeze the eruption.......so used flash for painting..........not as easy to control as a flashlight or headlamp. Canon Mark 3 with the 17-40mm lens at 17mm for 30 seconds at ISO 6400 at f4.0 (moved the dial 1 stop by accident.......it's dark!)
I like both versions but may prefer this frozen one. As always comments welcomed and appreciated.

Robert Amoruso
09-26-2008, 07:26 AM
Agree Roman, this frozen one is way cool. The flash painting looks way cool. It looks like you have a breeze blowing right to left. Have you thought of placing the geyser in the right side and get the spray's drift.

Julie Kenward
09-26-2008, 10:47 AM
Good idea, Robert! I like the idea of the spray drift being included. This is really nice Roman although I think a bit more lightness or contrast in the geyser area would be nice to help separate it from having the same tonal qualities of the FG. Just a thought...

Roman Kurywczak
09-26-2008, 12:50 PM
Hey Robert & Julie,
I did try one the first time.........too much steam.....this day.........no stars/not as many on the left side. That is the Milky way to the right...........and I'm going out tonight........so all the stars may align (pardon the bad pun......but I had to).........and you may get your/my wish! Looks promising.
Julie........Will try the lightening in PP....later. Let you know how it turns out.

Joanna Trescott
09-26-2008, 08:18 PM
Beautiful stars, can't wait to see what you get tonight!

Johannes Glännman
09-27-2008, 01:47 AM
Wow, where have you bin? Looks like a place out in the space... And ofcourse I also wounder what is it ? A volcano?

About the picture it is great... I like the stars alot, they add to the picture I think.... Good idea with doing the flash to and you controlled it just fine..

Cheers // johannes

Bob Ettinger
09-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Well done, the painting of the foreground looks good.