PDA

View Full Version : Missing files in LR 2

Bruce Gove
09-25-2008, 02:42 PM
Hi All,

I sure hope I haven't shot myself in the foot here.:o I recently downloaded a bunch of images from my 1D MKIII (yellowstone trip!!) into LR - just like I have for a year or so now. I was working with these images in the library module, adding keywords, etc. Somehow, I have lost a bunch of these images. I'm fairly experienced in this program, but I just can't figure out what happended to them. They show up in the catalogue as "missing". The image numbers assigned by the camera are there, but not the images. If I would have deleted them, I don't think they would be depicted as missing!!! HELP:(:(!!!

Bruce

Robert O'Toole
09-25-2008, 03:43 PM
I have never had this experience but I have heard of this bug in the old LR, you dont mention your version. As far as I know your files are still there in the library.

Here is a link to Adobe forum on the subject. Hope this helps let us know how this turns out.

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c06476f/0

Robert

Bruce Gove
09-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Hi Robert,

It's LR 2. I'll try the link. I also experienced this, to a much lesser extent in the old LR.

Cheers,

Bruce

Bruce Gove
09-25-2008, 04:58 PM
Robert,

I found my missing files in the recycle bin!!!:o Restored them and all is well....I now backup everytime I download images and before I process them.:D I did find out from the link you sent me that other people (besides dummies like me who simply delete their files!!!!) have had problems with LR miss-placing files and then listing them as missing.

Cheers

Bruce

Robert O'Toole
09-25-2008, 06:48 PM
Good to hear Bruce.

Robert

Amy DeStefanis
10-05-2008, 07:45 AM
On my Mac, with its wireless network, if I do not mount the backup drive volume, LR tells me it can't find files that I have on my big 500G drives - so I just go click the drives, and they connect and can find the files....

Amy

Giulio Zanni
10-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Try to run the "synchronize folder" under "Library" and see if it can point you at the missing files...Sorry, I didn't see that you found them, I happy for you.

Giulio