PDA

View Full Version : sunrise, Costa Rica's Osa Peninsula

Greg Basco
09-25-2008, 10:04 AM
Hi to all. This is my first post on the Pano forum, but I've been enjoying the work and advice here for the past month or so. I took this pano a couple of weeks ago while doing a photoshoot for the Lapa Rios ecolodge (a wonderful place)! I appreciate any comments and/or suggestions.

http://www.deepgreenphotography.com/forums/OsaDawnPano.jpg

Tech: Canon 20D, 17-40 mm f4L, three shots at f16, 2 sec., ISO 100, 3 stop grad ND, polarizer, merged in PS

Cheers,
Greg Basco

Bruce Murden
09-25-2008, 01:53 PM
Nice job on this pano! I like the mix of warmth sunset losing way to the coolness around it, and the waves in the light are a great little addition. Good framing with the palm on L and hill on R. I'd consider bringing out some more detail in the hillside trees (lightening a bit), but otherwise really enjoy it. Looking forward to more panos from you!

Robert Amoruso
09-25-2008, 05:23 PM
Bruce summed it up for me well. To add, this is a nicely composed, enjoyable to view image. Well done. Well to the pano forum.

David Kennedy
09-26-2008, 11:51 AM
I don't feel that I can really add to this discussion: I agree with all of Bruce's comments--some lightening would definitely be in order. It is unfortunate that the sun isn't a little higher. I'm looking forward to seeing more!

David