PDA

View Full Version : Nuthatch

Chris Hansen
09-24-2008, 11:17 PM
Still working on the Photoshop end of my images. I'm not real happy with the uneveness of the BG. It has a few tool marks and some bright spots. Still haven't grasped quick mask, I have been trying to get a decent image of a Nuthach for some time now. I finally used my car as a blind and parked about four feet from my feeder. I guess I could have used my chair blind but i was too lazy to set it up!

Canon 10D
ISO 400
1/60 sec @ f 6.7 should have shot it at 1/250th
Canon 75- 300 IS
550 EX flash
Braced against car door frame

God's blessings to all,

Chris

mikedelaney
09-25-2008, 01:05 AM
Wow, do i envy you. i haven't even seen a red breast for a year. this is beautiful.

Desmond Chan
09-25-2008, 01:06 AM
I just got a few shots of a nuthatch, too. Yours is much, much better than mind. Bigger in the frame, sharper, more detailed. I don't mind the background. But, I'm afraid the HAP may have something to say about your shot ;)

Lance Peters
09-25-2008, 01:50 AM
Hi - Gorgeous Gorgeous BG - very nice. Pity not a better HA - Think you migh tneed some bail money - still a lovely shot.

:)

Alfred Forns
09-25-2008, 07:59 AM
.... here come the lashes !!! bail money is in order !!!! :)

Lovely image Chris I like the pose very much but it screams not going vertical. Would like the image to flow PS work is not bad and do like the bg the color is really good.

Gail Spitler
09-25-2008, 08:03 AM
Chris
I don't see anything wrong with the bg; the entire image seems excellent except of course for the posture of the bird.
Gail

Gus Cobos
09-25-2008, 01:08 PM
Chris,
Nice image and capture, but the composition warrants a horizontal not a vertical. to give the bird more room in the direction that he is looking into and to follow the flow of the perch...You have good golors, and sharp details. The head angle does not bother me, because the bird is looking at something all focused on what he is going to do next...:cool: