PDA

View Full Version : Red-capped Robin-chat

Albert Froneman
09-24-2008, 12:34 AM
I photographed this secretive species in a small nature reserve in Durban South Africa. I look forward to your comments.

Camera Model: Canon EOS-1D Mark III
Shutter speed: 1/125 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Exposure mode: Av
Exposure compensation: +1/3
Flash: External E-TTL
Metering mode: Evaluative
ISO: 500
Lens: EF300mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x
Focal length: 420mm
AF mode: AI Servo AF

Dean Ingwersen
09-24-2008, 12:56 AM
A beautiful image, with lovely background and subject. Tack sharp, great exp, and I like the shallow DOF. I wonder if the bit of vegetation isn't slightly distracting...but a very minor quibble. Great image!!

Juan Aragonés
09-24-2008, 03:09 AM
I do not mind about the vegetation. I wish for a little more DOF but the details and sharpness on the critic areas is fantastic. the eye is terrific but I would clone out the white spot form the flash light in the center of the eye. Great pose and very cool species. Wow, really love that beautifully rendered eye!

Doug Brown
09-24-2008, 09:48 AM
I like the sharp eye, the exposure, and the sense of environment. I don't find the vegetation to be distracting and I like the effect you got with shallow DOF. I would like a little more room up top. Thanks for posting!

Judy Lynn Malloch
09-24-2008, 01:23 PM
Simply beautiful with wonderful detail and eye contact. I like it as presented but agree a tad more canvas on top would strengthen this lovely image. Thanks for sharing.

Ramon M. Casares
09-24-2008, 04:20 PM
BG is outstanding, colors are superb, pose is nice, and DOF is good, you were probably really close to the bird, and it is not easy to get the whole bird in focus, I don't think that's really necessary, I love it just the way you presented it! Congratulaitons!

Albert Froneman
09-25-2008, 03:44 AM
Thanks for the comments folks - much appreciated!

Zoltan Gyori
09-25-2008, 01:30 PM
Awesome sharpness and colors! This bird is also very decorative! Congrats!