PDA

View Full Version : a little color

carole wiley
09-23-2008, 07:28 PM
I haven't been active on the forum lately, my elderly mother has been unwell and so time has been short. I did get out for a few images this weekend. Unfortunately I couldn't come up with anything very exciting. I liked the colors in the corner here, perhaps just my mood. Anyway, fall is here, and the birds are not. Taken with the 40D, 100-400, not sure about the rest. Thanks for looking.

Robert O'Toole
09-24-2008, 01:21 PM
Overall I like the image. The Bfly is sharp, the leaf looks nice and the colors in the BG are interesting.

Running NR would reduce the somewhat noisey appearance in the shaded flower area.

I wish the red flower didnt clip the end of the green leaf.

Robert

Fabs Forns
09-24-2008, 01:22 PM
Carole, I hope your Mom is doing better, I feel your pain.

The light didn't help you here. Next time, try to get the butterfly through the OOF flowers, it would be very dreamy :)

Julie Kenward
09-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Carole, the colors in this are really lovely. Like Robert, I wish the leaf wasn't clipped by the red but I bet you could get away with cloning over that for the most part.

I, too, hope your mom is doing better.

Amy DeStefanis
09-24-2008, 07:11 PM
I can see why the colors caught your eye, Carole. I kind of like the idea of the butterfly being the colorless one, and the flowers having the color, because usually the butterfly is the one doing the color display.

I tried a different crop. What do you think?

Amy D.

carole wiley
09-24-2008, 07:15 PM
Thanks everyone, I think I will try to work on that leaf. Amy, I like your crop....

Mike Moats
09-26-2008, 04:00 PM
Hey Amy, great color combinations and good details on the Bfly. Agree with the others on the clip.