PDA

View Full Version : Zorak

Michael Lloyd
09-23-2008, 02:34 PM
Unless you've ever seen Space Ghost the title of this doesn't make any sense. One of 8 that I managed to take before it jumped at the lens and caused me "distress" :D

I was shooting almost straight up hence the clouds and sky

EOS 1DsMKIII
MP65/E with Canon Ring flash
ETTL. -2/3 EC

Hand held

ISO = 640
Shutter Speed (Exposure Time) = 1/250 second
Aperture = f14
Flash = Flash fired, compulsory flash mode
Focal Length = 65 mm

Gus Cobos
09-23-2008, 06:22 PM
Excellent Michael,
I like the capture angle. Your subject really pops with the baby blue sky...:cool:

Julie Kenward
09-23-2008, 06:49 PM
That is one fine looking insect! Great image, Michael. You totally nailed it!

Michael Lloyd
09-23-2008, 06:53 PM
Thanks!!!

I'm very happy with what I shot of this guy / guy-ette. I'm glad that nobody saw me doing "the dance" when it jumped at my lens. I was going to try for 2X with the MP-65E but the bug had other ideas :D

Robert O'Toole
09-23-2008, 08:06 PM
Wow Michael I love it. The BG is great and the angle and pose are awesome.

I would rotate and make it a vertical then it would be close to perfect.

Robert

Greg Basco
09-25-2008, 05:35 PM
Michael, very cool shot. I would definitely make it a vertical. If I have to pick on something it would be that the right antenna is cut off. If you happened to crop at all, this would be easy to fix. I really like balance between ambient and flash!

Cheers,
Greg

Michael Lloyd
09-25-2008, 09:34 PM
Thanks all. I agree that it would make a much better image if vertical. If I was home and had access to the original I would repost.

The image is full frame so wysiwyg. I tried to rotate the camera so I didn't chop anything off but even 1X with the MP65E doesn't leave much room.

Over on BugGuide.Net they liked the image but because the bulk of the body is cut off no specific ID can be given.