PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly w cub

Charles Glatzer
09-23-2008, 12:49 PM
This image is copyrighted material as indicated, and is watermarked! Unauthorized use or reproduction for any reason is prohibited

Glad the bugs were around the bears and not us ;)

We just returned from a fantastic week in BC photographing grizzly, black and kermode (spirit bears), whales and more.

Looks like '09 will be the year of the bear.

IDs Mark III, 500IS
Manual, spot - 1.3 EV off bear, 1/400 @ f/5.6, ISO 800
Post-production- ARC, CS3

See you where there is light, or at the computer

Best,

Chas

<!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

carole wiley
09-24-2008, 08:26 AM
I love the water droplets and the curious little guy. Mom is appropriately unconcerned. A beautiful compositon with many story components.

Robert Amoruso
09-24-2008, 10:45 AM
I have to say Chas this is one of my favorite of your bear images. Great luminosity in the image from the blue water to the dark bears to the just right BG. Water drops from the shake a nice plus.

Charles Glatzer
09-24-2008, 11:09 AM
I have to say Chas this is one of my favorite of your bear images. Great luminosity in the image from the blue water to the dark bears to the just right BG. Water drops from the shake a nice plus.

Robert,

Thanks. The drops you refer to are bugs :eek:

Best,

Chas

Robert Amoruso
09-24-2008, 12:14 PM
Oh my god, I thought the cub had shaken off. But looking at it again too much airborne for it to be a shake. Reminds me of June in Maine - had that many black flies around me.

Fabs Forns
09-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Robert,

Thanks. The drops you refer to are bugs :eek:

Best,

Chas

You got to be kidding :eek:

Poor animals, I hope they don't get carried away by them :cool:

Agree with Robert, one of your better looking bear pictures :)

Jonathan Michael Ashton
10-07-2008, 11:38 AM
A truly stunning image - great stuff, exposure and compostion are excellent. ......I suppose if the mother was looking a little more toward the camera, but wow what a shot - congratulations
Jon