PDA

View Full Version : Belo-sur-Mer

Vincent Grafhorst
09-22-2008, 11:01 AM
This is the 'skyline' of a small fishing village on the west coast of Madagascar, named Belo-sur-Mer. Having done stitching long back in CS2, I remembered how cumbersome this process was. But CS3 surprised me pleasantly! No corrections other than cropping and some tweaking of levels and removing dustspots were required. I am really impressed with the stitch capabilities of CS3.
I don't know how this is going to look posted, since the ratio of this pano is app 5:1.
This is made out of 7 horizontal images.

Camera Model Canon EOS 40D
Shooting Mode Manual Exposure
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/15
Av( Aperture Value ) 11.0
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
ISO Speed 200
Lens EF-S17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
Focal Length 47.0 mm
AF Mode Manual focusing
Tripod, ball head and remote

Vincent Grafhorst
www.khwaiphotography.com (http://www.khwaiphotography.com)

Robert Amoruso
09-23-2008, 06:31 AM
CS3 Photomerge works great as you noticed.

I liked the curvature of the island and the tidal pools in the FG (natural and not a function of the photomerge). Nice light. You picked your terminus points at the left and right well and just enough sky and FG to keep it from feeling cramped. NIce work Vincent.

Only quibble might be the rather central location of the dugout in the FG. Moving was probably not an option to get it left or right in the frame as the island perspective would have changed a lot from its current well-balanced composition. You could clone it out if you wanted. Personally, I am OK with it as it is not so large that it holds the eye long.

Bob Ettinger
09-27-2008, 12:36 PM
I like this, great symmetry going from low to high to low as we get to the ends. The dugout does not bother me and adds some foreground interest for me.