PDA

View Full Version : Thrashers Thrashing

Bonnie Block
09-21-2008, 06:39 PM
I set out this morning to try and get a pleasing image of a curved-billed thrasher on my last day in Tucson.
I found the thrashers, but they were not in a pleasing mood. These two guys were duking it out.
I wish for a lot of things to be better about this image--but it was only a moment--and I did not want to step off the trail to get closer and land on a rattlesnake.:eek: Edited on my small laptop.
1D MKIII
300/2.8 IS + 2X TC
1/800s f/8.0 at 600.0mm iso500
http://www.pbase.com/herderdog/image/103458437.jpg

Linda Robbins
09-21-2008, 08:42 PM
A great moment captured. The wrestling poses are great --I like that the eye of the bottom bird is visible and the foot of the bottom bird holding the other bird's' wing is great. Nice sharp detail. The mottled light wasn't ideal, but still a great behavior seen and photographed. I watched and photographed two yellow warblers fighting like this for at least 10 minutes in the Galapagos this year, but they were not in a very good photographic situation. I was surprised to see two sweet yellow warblers fight so aggresively for so long...

Arthur Morris
09-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Hi Bonnie, It is sharp on both eyes and you certainly captured the action. If only the near-wing of the bird in the front had been a bit lower...

Vincent Grafhorst
09-21-2008, 11:35 PM
Apart from the nits mentioned this is a very interesting and unique action photo Bonnie, well done!

Judy Lynn Malloch
09-22-2008, 11:36 AM
Excellent timing and great action you captured in this image Bonnie. Congratulations on a wonderful behavioral image. Getting the two eyes was a great bonus. Thanks for sharing.