PDA

View Full Version : Over and Under

Layton E Parham
09-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Borrowed a friends Canon 50mm Macro. Don't know the species. Fast shutter speed was able to capture this quick mover in the Palmettos! On a private ranch, Kenansville, Florida
Canon Eos 1D MarkIII, Canon 50mm Macro, @f5.6, 1/2500sec, Iso800 , Manual Mode

Amy DeStefanis
09-21-2008, 04:33 PM
Yeah - you really have to speed up that shutter or these guys go by in a bur! (I guess the palmetto could have been blowing in the wind)

He looks like he's pondering the distance to the ground. They're cute when taken individually, but they really do a number on a garden!!!

Nice picture! I guess the deep sudden shadow on the left center background is a little distracting. Maybe cropping in to eliminate that would help it.

Amy D. :)

Robert O'Toole
09-21-2008, 05:53 PM
Thats a rare and deadly bird eating ghost snail. Its bigger than it looks!!!:D

No seriously I like the pose and the sharpness is good. Agree with the cropping advice to de-center the snail.

Robert

Julie Kenward
09-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Layton, I'm totally cracking up at your shutter speed! :D:eek::D

I like the horizontal lines that are running through this but they do tend to take away the focus from the main subject. I recropped and left some of them in and taking others out. I also ran a little noise reduction. See what you think.

Anita Rakestraw
09-22-2008, 03:21 PM
Nice sharp image of this snail, Layton!! I do think Julie's crop looks better by eliminating some of the bg.

Layton E Parham
09-22-2008, 04:26 PM
It defininitely looks better. Thank You
layton

Mike Moats
09-23-2008, 12:04 PM
Hey Layton, I get frustrated trying to shoot these guys, their slow but always on the move. I like the tighter crop Julie did. Good details on the slug.