PDA

View Full Version : Better than the last zoom blur???

Arthur Morris
09-21-2008, 01:23 PM
There were four quadrillion sunflowers in bloom at Bosque during the Open Windows Bosque Volunteer Project. We photographed in the early morning and then worked like dogs for the rest of the day.

This image was created with the tripod-mounted Canon 70-200 IS L f/4 lens and the EOS MIII. ISO 500. Evaluative metering +1 1/3 stops: 1/5 sec. at f/6.3 in Tv mode.

Don't be shy; all comments welcome.

Rosl Roessner
09-21-2008, 02:26 PM
Wow, this looks like four quadrillion sunflowers exploding!
Great Expressure in your Image! Personally I would prefer a bit more "Chaos" in the picture. I am not sure, how I like the straight border lines between the flowers and the green/lilac plants.
But the Sunflower Explosion feels really strong!
What I love too is the lower left part of the image with all the plants pointing up to the upper right corner and they do that in o lovely blurred way!

Julie Kenward
09-21-2008, 03:17 PM
I love it! The horizontal lines all reaching across the composition in relation to the vertical lines of the blur really make this one sing! I love the combination of colors and layers throughout. It's stable enough that I can hone in on what it is but blurry enough that you get just the right effect. :D

Fabs Forns
09-21-2008, 04:39 PM
I love the explosion of colors, with lots of detail. I'd vacate the top part here also, though.

Joanna Trescott
09-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Love the zoom -- I think the dark at the top detracts from the image. Really like the soft feel of this. Great exposure.

Anita Rakestraw
09-23-2008, 11:31 PM
Explosion of colors is a good description for this! I like it. To me, the dark at the top adds depth to the field, makes it look like it goes on and on.