PDA

View Full Version : Vizcaya Gardens IR

Harold Davis
09-20-2008, 06:30 PM
i confiscated mr zangronis's IR camera this afternoon for a few minutes and ran around vizcaya and made some images. please be informed that i have no idea what i was doing with the camera or in post processing!! but i do have to get one of these cameras!! very cool and a big thank you to OZ!!

D70 IR, 18-200VR at 18mm, f/10, 1/320s, 0EV, ISO 500

thanks for looking and comments and critiques are appreciated!

Cheryl Flory
09-20-2008, 06:36 PM
I would like to see more of the carvings and details on the building in the background, and leave off the porch in the lower left. Or else, lighten the porch so that it leads your eye into the center and then to the building on the other side. I have no idea about this type of photography either, but it sure seems like you have sharp details especially in the tree branches and the building.

Oscar Zangroniz
09-20-2008, 06:42 PM
H, you forgot to swap the blue and red channels!!!! I like the composition on this one.

Harold Davis
09-20-2008, 06:43 PM
thanks cheryl!! i tried lightening the foreground left and it really took away your attention to the beautiful trees in the center so i went backwards. i think you are right. as i was processing this, i could see some more compositions from this spot or a little forward of here. wished i had thought of it then!!

Harold Davis
09-20-2008, 06:44 PM
thanks OZ. i cant do that in CNX. what will that change and what will it look like? can you do a repost?

Gus Cobos
09-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Doctor Daktari,
You have been a bad boy today; running around with other people's cameras, and catching me off guard...I don't know about you...:D;) The image has a magical, enchanting feel to it. Yes, you do need to adjust it; but you know what; it feels and looks good...congrats. I like it...:cool:

Jackie Schuknecht
09-20-2008, 07:04 PM
Little dark in LLC and URC, but pretty cool nonetheless.

Gus Hallgren
09-20-2008, 07:50 PM
Hi Harold:

WOW! That's cool :cool::cool: Love it! Dark porch covered above . . . What a lovely Christmas card that would make with a few ornaments . . . looking forward to some more . . . Thanks for sharing . . . Uncle Gus :D

Alfred Forns
09-20-2008, 09:13 PM
Daktari goes IR !!!! I like it Harold Just the little rotation !!! Processing looks different but do like it a lot !!!

Lance Peters
09-21-2008, 04:00 AM
Hey MR H. - I like - doesn't worry me about the channels not being swapped - IR is all about experimentation. I would crop some from the LHS.
:)

Katie Rupp
09-21-2008, 10:41 AM
These IR shots intrique me and this one is no exception. Very nicely done, Harold. As already suggested, I would lighten the LLC just a bit.