PDA

View Full Version : Do you think it works?

Maxis Gamez
09-19-2008, 07:58 PM
http://www.********.org/bpn/30D/_MG_1576.jpg
Plover - S.W Florida

This one from last weekend, just as I was leaving, I noticed this little guys and couldn't not resist few extra images.

Do you think the blue helps the composition or distracts from it??? I'm curious!

Make sure you tell us WHY!!

Comments are welcome and much appreciated.

Canon 30D, 400mm L @ f/8,1/2500 sec, ISO 400, RAW, Handheld, Slightly cropped to help composition.

Thanks!

Linda Robbins
09-19-2008, 08:44 PM
I love it. The blue makes the image IMO. Great composition and a wonderful peaceful feel to the image. Wonderful low perspective provided that lovely oof foreground,

Desmond Chan
09-19-2008, 08:52 PM
As a photograph, I think it works. Most of the time I'm looking at the bird. So I suppose that means the blue does not distract me. If you want to, you could desaturate the blue a bit. Make it more subtle. I would also try not to make the bird too sharp to maintain the overall softness look and feel of the photo.

Grace Scalzo
09-19-2008, 08:52 PM
Definately helps. I love this dreamy image. Almost looks like he's resting in clouds.

Robert O'Toole
09-19-2008, 09:43 PM
The blue fade is the most powerful and best part of the comp. Without it the image would be a white/beige out.

I like it a lot. I would darken the fact and neck slightly to get some detail maybe.

Robert

Bill McCrystyn
09-19-2008, 11:20 PM
I absolutly like the blue. I am in total agreement with Robert. Besides, it matches your hat. :D Nice image Maxis. It got my attention.

Juan Aragonés
09-20-2008, 01:30 AM
Yes, it works fors sure. In fact I would say that is a very, very good image. The fading blue at the top of the image adds a touch of rich color to a very simple image in terms of color (mostly white, some beige and a little of black). The composition is fantastic, with the main subject at the bottom left of the frame and the neat eye contact. Oh, man I would love this image would mine!!!! One of your bests in my opinion. Congratulations Maxis

Maxis Gamez
09-20-2008, 08:11 AM
Hi guys,

I'm glad I posted this image to get your opinion. I was going to delete it because didn't do much for me when I saw it in my monitor, BUT, I liked very much when I saw it in front of my lens.....

Thank you all...

Ramon M. Casares
09-20-2008, 01:07 PM
I can't believe you were going to delete this one... I find it so great! The blue to me, is just the touch of colour that makes it great! Congratulaitons!

Blake Shadle
09-20-2008, 03:45 PM
Very nice work, Maxis. This works for me. I agree that the blue is a necessary element for this image to be what it is. If it were mine I'd work on toning down the sand directly in front of the plover.

Manos Papadomanolakis
09-20-2008, 11:18 PM
Agree for the blue,works and for me,nice pose,details and eye contact too!

Jim Fenton
09-21-2008, 05:02 PM
Doesn't wonk for me.

While the blue helps it, there is too much white sand with no detail and on both of my monitors it looks rather hot on the right side.

Too much white and not enough of the bird showing for my tastes.

I can't like all of your stuff :)

Maxis Gamez
09-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Doesn't wonk for me.

While the blue helps it, there is too much white sand with no detail and on both of my monitors it looks rather hot on the right side.

Too much white and not enough of the bird showing for my tastes.

I can't like all of your stuff :)

Thank you for your honesty Jim.

John T. Watson
09-21-2008, 09:12 PM
I think it works very well. For most of the reasons already given. The combination of colors and bird makes me think of a very pleasant dream. I you ever feel like deleting a photo like this, toss it my way!:D

John

Arsdel Fluesmeier
09-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Very nice image Maxis. The blue makes it .

Judd Patterson
10-07-2008, 12:38 AM
A really beautiful image Maxis. As others have stated, the faded blue at the top is really a great part of this image. Very creative!