PDA

View Full Version : Calico Aster

Ed Vatza
09-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Its been quite a busy week. Work can really cramp one's style!!

I finally got out for about an hour this evening and found some different Asters in bloom. This one is the Calico Aster.

Image made using my Canon Rebel XT; Sigma 150mm Macro lens; Canon 430 EX Flash w/ LumiQuest Softbox mounted on a flexible bracket; all tripod-mounted with a Novoflex focusing bracket.

1/13 sec @ f/18; ISO 800; -1/3 EV; Shade WB; FEC -1

Amy DeStefanis
09-19-2008, 08:32 PM
This is great, Ed. The background is nice, and I can see you are still charmed by the way the flowers seem to glow at dusk.

At 1/13th second, I'm thinking you had a very calm evening - no wind? I don't think I see any motion softness.... :)

I like it. :D

Amy D.

Robert O'Toole
09-19-2008, 08:40 PM
Ed,

Hi Ed!

Nice pleasing image, I like it. The light is very soft, nice exposure and DOF.

In my opinion, this image might look better crop/rotated ccw to make it a stronger diagonal comp (plant more diagonal) and it would straighten the flowers more vertically (less droop to the left).

Robert

Julie Kenward
09-19-2008, 09:13 PM
Asters! I couldn't think of the name of these little guys to save my life...so thank you for that!

Lovely image, Ed. I love the way the white pops against the dark intensity of the green. Very nice work!

Mike Moats
09-20-2008, 05:37 AM
Hey Ed, very nice image, white flowers are and you did a nice job.

Alfred Forns
09-20-2008, 07:51 AM
I like it a lot Ed Just wish the flowers were pointing more to the camera Great techs !!!

Amy DeStefanis
09-20-2008, 09:03 AM
Just wish the flowers were pointing more to the camera

:eek: Lock the doors and shutter the windows! There's a HAP division for flowers! :eek: :D:D:D