PDA

View Full Version : Young Roseate Preen

bill kominsky
09-18-2008, 09:23 PM
Taken at the Loxahatchee Wilflife Refuge with a Canon MK-2-N ISO=200 at f/6.3

1/640th of a sec with a 500-MM and a 1.4 ext.=to 700MM.

Thanking all in advance who visit and comment, it is so greatly appreciated.

Bill

Axel Hildebrandt
09-18-2008, 09:26 PM
I like the soft light, preening action and details. I might be tempted to clone out the green leaves and would put the bird a little bit further to the right in the frame. There are some jpg artifacts in the BG, maybe from compression. You can post images up to 200kB.

Juan Aragonés
09-19-2008, 06:10 AM
Really nice composition in this image Bill. Looking at the histogram of the image I think that you have some whites hot around the head and right shoulder. If this is a RAW file you can fix it very quickly.The pose and sharpness of the bird are both fantastic. Well done

bill kominsky
09-19-2008, 07:22 AM
Really nice composition in this image Bill. Looking at the histogram of the image I think that you have some whites hot around the head and right shoulder. If this is a RAW file you can fix it very quickly.The pose and sharpness of the bird are both fantastic. Well done

Hi Juan and thank you so very much for your comment, I always shoot in Raw and knew that tht area was a little hot but didn't do anything firstly because i really do not how and that old purist thing about not changing to muc in the image, but tell me how and i will try.

thanks

Bill

Judy Lynn Malloch
09-19-2008, 10:01 AM
Hi Bill, Beatuiful pose and composition and I love the reflection you captured in this image. I agree with the above suggestions and to answer your question on the whites that are a little over exposed that can be changed when you bring up the raw image in the exposure slider . Just slide it to the left a little. I hope that helps. Glad to see you posting and congratulations.

Keith Bauer
09-19-2008, 01:55 PM
Love the pastel colors in this image. I too would look at cloning out the green leaves. nice image.

Arthur Morris
09-19-2008, 08:21 PM
Hi Bill, All good suggestions above. What are you using to convert your RAW images?

The head angle is nearly perfect here. WIth you pointing the lens down a bit a the bird the bird's head needed to be angled a bit more towards you with the bill tip a bit closer than the eye to better parallel the imaging sensor.

Linda Robbins
09-19-2008, 08:40 PM
Nice preening pose of this youngster, and sharp detail. I think the bird is a little too centered and would have liked the bird more on the right side of the frame.
The only distraction are the floating green leaves, but with careful ps work you may be able to remove them.