PDA

View Full Version : Waiting to Fly

susanschermer
09-18-2008, 01:13 PM
Green Heron Juveniles not quite ready to leave the nest area. Wakodahatchee Wetlands.
500mm lens, f/8 1/100, ISO 400, fill flash.
The closer bird was just slightly out of focus so some selective sharpening was done. Do you think it passes?

Doug Brown
09-18-2008, 01:29 PM
You did a nice job with the sharpening Susan. A bit more eye contact and a slightly lower angle would have been nice. I'd also like to see a little more canvas at the top, bottom, and left of the frame.

Axel Hildebrandt
09-18-2008, 08:25 PM
Sharpening, setting and light look good but it is too tight in the frame for my taste, particularly at the bottom.

susanschermer
09-19-2008, 07:43 AM
Thank you for your input. You all see things I don't. I added canvas at the bottom. Also changed the color balance adding red & yellow.

Linda Robbins
09-20-2008, 05:03 AM
What cuties! I don't mind the lack of eye contact in this image since both juvies are obviously contemplating the same thing and the eyes are so sharp and visible. You did a good job adding canvas at the bottom - you even redid the toe ...but I would still like to see a little more canvas above. Your selective sharpening of the forward bird worked very well. I like the color balance in the first image better.

Arthur Morris
09-20-2008, 09:58 AM
All excellent comments above. Clipping the toes in the ORIG was fatal but you did a great job on the re-post. I actually like the color better in the repost. Note to Doug--not much chance to get lower from the boardwalk... Great seeing you at Bosque.