PDA

View Full Version : Streaked Spider Hunter

Sabyasachi Patra
01-14-2008, 05:22 AM
This tiger was resting near water.It was cooling off in a unique manner. It was splashing its tail in water and the resulting splash was falling on it as a fine spray.

Shot at Bandhavgarh National Park. Canon EOS 1D Mark II, Canon EF 300mm F4 L IS, EF 2x II, ISO 320, 1/125 sec at f8.

Jasper Doest
01-14-2008, 06:29 AM
Welcome Sabyasachi! And an interesting photograph to start with. The pose of the tail surely adds interest to this image. It does look rather underexposed however. It looks like there wasn't much light....so it might have been better if you would have increased your ISO a bit. The top of the frame doesn't add much interest, so you might want to crop a bit off the top. I'm looking forward seeing more of your work.

Arjan van der Stelt
01-14-2008, 09:10 AM
Good starting post, but I must agree with Jasper about the underexposure maybe with some small photoshop work (curves and levels) you can get more out of this one i think......

D. Robert Franz
01-14-2008, 09:17 AM
I agree with the above comments. An interesting pose from a great subject. The horizon may need a little clockwise rotation as well.