PDA

View Full Version : Sea Lions

jeannette Duncan
01-14-2008, 03:07 AM
This image was photographed in Trinidad, Ca. I was trying to devolope skills by photographing the land formations, water, and sea craft; and I was busy concentrating on shape, balance, and composition. They were a distance out and I did not realize that there were sea lions lounging on the rock formations that I photographed. It was a nice suprise to find them in the photo when I began to study the photographs on the computer. I just wish that they had been facing in my direction.

I cropped this photograph heavily, reduced noise, and worked with the color levels.
Kodak P712
f/3.7
1/800
ISO - 64
Exposure Bias: 0 Step (???)
72mm
Max. aperature 3.7
Metering Mode: Pattern (???)

Thank You for all of the previous advise, I have learned so much in the last 2 weeks.

jeannette

Alfred Forns
01-14-2008, 10:55 AM
Hi Jeannette Composition wise I would love seeing the top of the far away trees As presented they feel clipped I like the arrangement for the two land masses Might even give the foreground a little more to the right

...... Congrats on finding the seals !!!!! Must have been exciting !!!!

jeannette Duncan
01-14-2008, 01:15 PM
Hello Al,

Here is the image in it's original form. (w/o cropping) It looks better to me also, with more of the surroundings included. I think that a little cropped from the right and bottom would not hurt?

Thank You,
jeannette

Jim Poor
01-14-2008, 05:55 PM
I think a crop from the bottom would be good, but I don't think would take much, if any off the right.