View Full Version : Junco

mikedelaney
09-17-2008, 07:50 AM
canon 40D
70-300mm
f 8.0
1/640 s.
ISO 400

my camera still has the dreaded "error 99" they said it will take 4-6 weeks to get it fixed. i can only imagine the cost. anyway, here is a junco i got in the spring.:o

Alfred Forns
09-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Hi Mike

Nice seeing you over here !!! Sorry about the camera and hope you get it back soon !!!

Good size bird in frame Mike Would like a little more room on top than the bottom Do like placement and space left/right Point of focus seems to be on the wing area rather than the eyes? Might try single point on the eye itself then recomposing. Bg wise could blur a bit but good quality on no noise. Let us know when you get your camera back !!!!

Fabs Forns
09-17-2008, 07:54 PM
Nice bird, but it looks a little soft on my monitor. The background could also be little less cluttered.

Keep them coming!

mikedelaney
09-18-2008, 12:54 AM
thanks for bringing me to this side. i'll be sure to earn the honor.

Arthur Morris
09-21-2008, 10:22 AM
Mike, Sorry to rain on your parade, but I think that you might benefit more from posting in Eager to Learn for a while. You need to set up a feeder with good perches to avoid the dreaded thousand branch background, and as with the W THR SP, image quality here is very poor. This one is nowhere near sharp on the face and there is lots of artifacting around the bird's head. It is likely that your image optimization skills are not up to par. I would strongly recommend getting some educational materials from BAA and studying them if you would like to improve.

Keep on keeping on.