PDA

View Full Version : Misty Morning in Morro BaY

Alma K Bailey
09-16-2008, 09:29 AM
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd37/INTHELIGHTPHOTOGRAPHY/Vacation9-01-2008RedwoodsandMorroBa.jpg?t=1221575020

My first post here on BPN.

Took this last week on vacation up north in California.

f6.3 @ 1/200
ISO 100
85mm
handheld

All comments are appreciated and welcome.

Alma

Alfred Forns
09-16-2008, 02:17 PM
Hi Alma Bid Warm Welcome !!!!!!!

Peaceful and beautiful I like the feel very much !! ... got a suggestions for you !! Try opening the image in PS and open the level dialog box. Hold the alt key and drag the left slider to the right until you see dark areas coming up, repeat with the right slider moving to the left. When you finish try moving the middle to taste. Will find the image will lighten up a little, might like it !!!

Let me know how it works !!! Looking forward to many more !!!

Gus Cobos
09-16-2008, 07:48 PM
Hi Alma,
Welcome to the BPN family...:)
I like your composition and capture. Like Mr. Forns said; the feel and the mood is simply beautiful of a peaceful sleepy little port. I made a few adjustments to your image; see if you like...:D:cool:

Robert Amoruso
09-16-2008, 07:59 PM
Welcome Alma and great image. Alfred had some good recommendations and Gus demo'ed them. Very nice composition you made.

Alma K Bailey
09-17-2008, 08:20 AM
Alfred, Gus and Robert,

Many Thanks for your kind comments and warm welcome here on BPN.

Alfred, I am not the greatest in PS, but I always try what is recommended, Thank you for your guidence.
I hadn't quite got it right, now I have something to compare it with.

Gus, THANK YOU. Wow, it has made such a big difference. Its LOVELY!! Thank you for working on it.

Robert, Thank you also for the warm welcome and the nice comments.

Best regards,

Alma

Alfred Forns
09-17-2008, 08:49 AM
Alma my suggestion with levels is straight forward and simple Will work for most images as a starting point.

I prefer working with curves but might get you in trouble so start with the levels. If you need help please send a pm !!!!

Fabs Forns
09-17-2008, 07:45 PM
Great big welcome, Alma, I like the simplicity and elegance of your image :)

Hope we can see many more.

Carl Mohr
09-19-2008, 08:29 PM
Good composition, sharpness, and crop. I love boat photos, and for me, this is a great one.

Jill Davis
09-20-2008, 04:02 PM
Love the composition on this. Nicely Done.