PDA

View Full Version : Dock Diving

Chris Zink
09-15-2008, 09:15 PM
I am an avid dog lover/writer/competitor (Google "Chris Zink dog" if you want to know more) and was at a dock diving competition a couple of weekends ago. I was photographing the dogs flying through the air with the greatest of ease, when I had an idea. Here is how it worked out.

Enjoy!

Chris

Gus Cobos
09-15-2008, 10:00 PM
This is too cool. So which one is the star of the show?:eek::p;):):D:cool:

Alfred Forns
09-16-2008, 07:10 AM
Excellent Chris !!! love watching those on Tv !!! Always amazed at how enthusiastic the dogs seem to be !!!! :)

Nicki Gwynn Jones
09-16-2008, 11:11 AM
I don't think my cats would do this....

Julie Kenward
09-16-2008, 01:36 PM
I KNOW your cats wouldn't do that! Dogs RULE!!! Great image(s) Chris!

Nicki Gwynn Jones
09-16-2008, 02:17 PM
...my cats have more sense...;):)

Alfred Forns
09-16-2008, 02:28 PM
...my cats have more sense...;):)

I'm with you on this one Nicki !!!! They do have more sense :):):)

Amy DeStefanis
09-16-2008, 04:36 PM
I don't think my cats would do this....

Some day I'll have to get a picture of our cat Bella sitting in the shower enclosure with the water running. She just might do this - but only if she thought no one wanted her to.

Great picture! Reminds me of the diving competition in the olympics where they composite the various positions in the dive.

Amy D.

Nicki Gwynn Jones
09-17-2008, 04:22 AM
Amy, Lenny and Leo have asked me to ask you what sort of a cat Bella thinks she is...:eek::D

Amy DeStefanis
09-17-2008, 05:34 PM
Amy, Lenny and Leo have asked me to ask you what sort of a cat Bella thinks she is...:eek::D

Nicki, Tell Leo and Lenny that Bella thinks she's royalty, though she is likely a "mutt" (don't tell her I said that....). She looks like she might have Maine Coon in her, and Alfred suggested that the Turkish Van like water - so maybe there's some of that in there.... I looked up the Turkish Van, and found photos of these cats swimming in the pool!!! Other than some basic traits, I didn't see a lot of similarity, though.....

I think we've managed to turn a thread about diving dogs into a cat thread again.... :eek:

That's what happens here at HouseCatPhotographers.net.

:)

Amy D.

Nicki Gwynn Jones
09-17-2008, 05:56 PM
Hi Amy,
Lenny says to tell Bella that he too is royalty, but that Leo is merely the court jester...
Oh how I do enjoy hijacking these dog threads...:eek::D:D
Best regads,
Nicki
:)

Fabs Forns
09-17-2008, 07:43 PM
Hehehehe, terrific, wish I had been there!