PDA

View Full Version : Walking the Swamp II

Paul Marcellini
09-15-2008, 03:03 PM
Well I took a little more time to compose and took advice from you guys and I think it worked for a stronger image. I can't believe I found the same spot. The light didn't illuminate the submerged vegetation exactly as I wanted but overall I think the image works.

Thanks for looking,
Paul

20d, 10-22@15mm f11 1/3s iso200

Maxis Gamez
09-15-2008, 03:51 PM
HI Paul,

Very interesting composition, textures and light but I think this will be stronger in B&W, not that in color is any less of a great image! Try and let us see it!! :)

Johannes Glännman
09-15-2008, 04:53 PM
I like how you made the picture clean. Nothing disturbing elements and good comp. I might have tried a bigger aperture to make the dept of field smaller. I think that should make the picture even cleaner...

Cheers // johannes

Robert Amoruso
09-15-2008, 06:31 PM
I agree with you Paul, the composition here is superior to the previous image. I like how the 1/3sec exposure created a slight blur to the submerged vegetation. It makes you think when seeing the image - sharp all over and then the blurred submerged vegetation.

Paul Marcellini
09-16-2008, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the comments guys...here's a b/w, not doing much for me, but you asked. =)

Maxis Gamez
09-16-2008, 04:15 PM
Hi Paul,

Boy oh boy.... I said B&W not B&B LOL :) Lots of contrast on this one but what a difference!!

At this point I have to agree with you. Color is the way of go but it was interesting to see it in B&B as well :)

Keep up the good work!

Roman Kurywczak
09-17-2008, 02:55 PM
Hi Paul,
Agree that this one is stronger compositionally and really captures the feel of the swamp well. I do like the color version better.............still debating the tips of the bromiliad touching the edges of the frame........but it is still very well done!

John T. Watson
09-21-2008, 10:17 PM
I like the color best, but after seeing the B&W, I kind of wonder what a Infrared would have looked like. Of course considering the shutter speed you are already working with, you could take a coffee break waiting for the shutter to close on a Infrared/

John