PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise in Delray Beach Florida

Jill Davis
09-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Saw Robert's sunrise pictures of Cape Canaveral and I was inspired to see if I could capture a sunrise myself. Would love feedback on this picture. Comments Appreciated.

Nikon D50 - VR 18-200mm F/3.5-5.6G Focal Length 31mm
F/22 Exposure Comp +1/3EV - ISO 200 - Shutter Speed 20s

Oscar Zangroniz
09-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Hey Jill, very nice capture. Love the colors and the dark clouds. But, as Gus would say I think you need 1/16 CCW rotation ???
Congrats,

Roman Kurywczak
09-14-2008, 10:55 AM
Hi Jill,
I think you came pretty close to Robert's Canaveral seashore images........a few things to think of.......the dark silhouette things on the bottom are distracting........so a combination of clone/patch tool/ and crop took care of it. I took the fast and easy way out with the color correction by using shadow/highlights.....with shadow tonal width at 43 and the highlight amount at 33. A little color correction also made it pop more. Let me know what you think.

Harold Davis
09-14-2008, 12:15 PM
nice job, roman!! i really like how the water came out in yours. undecided on the sky. maybe something in between the two.

Robert Amoruso
09-15-2008, 08:50 AM
Jill,

Nice to know that I inspired you and your did a great job, I like this image a lot. Agree with Roman on the immediate FG as not enough of it is in the image. Including a larger strip would make it a good anchor but Roman's fix is the way to go with image. With the FG's, anytime I can get the water rushing onshore is nice patterns with the sunrise colors reflected, I will include the shore. If not, I will make an image like yours w/o any shore.

I like the motion blur in the clouds as they look like there are coming at you. This is a well executed image. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Paul Marcellini
09-15-2008, 03:10 PM
I like Roman's rework, mainly the elimination of the shoreline. The sky is a little blown for my taste, i'm surprised Roman didn't suggest a 3 stop soft nd. =) Still, an eye-catching image.