PDA

View Full Version : HDR Pano

Jason Searle
09-14-2008, 06:37 AM
Taken at the local canal Marina. Consisting of 15 images in portrait orientation, 5 exposures per image.
1Dmk3 17-40mm F/4 lens @ 17mm, really right stuff PCL-1 panning clamp and MPR-CL II nodal slide

Joe Senzatimore
09-14-2008, 08:32 AM
You put a tremendous amount of work into this , and it paid off. A FANTASTIC image!!!!!!!!!

Robert Amoruso
09-15-2008, 06:36 AM
One very cool looking image. Excellent HDR technique.

Alfred Forns
09-15-2008, 07:13 AM
One of the best I've seen in a long time Particularly like the left foreground. It works in a way like the extreme wide angle image having an anchoring foreground subject Big Time Congrats !!!!

Fabs Forns
09-15-2008, 10:20 AM
Magnificent in all respects, from compo to presentation. Way to go!

Harold Davis
09-15-2008, 10:56 AM
gotta be gulf harbour!! never physically been there, but i travel all around the world with google earth. an awesome program.

fantastic job with this jason. looks perfect!!

Jason Searle
09-15-2008, 03:18 PM
Thanks for your comments guys and thanks for looking.

Harold yes its from Gulf Harbour, i did a series of hdrs here from three locations within the basin area, one from the other side, which your looking at in this image, which covers the canal, shops and more apartments and another from the end of the basin taking it all in. was a good day and the clouds for the most part worked well with me.

This one was my fav of the panos i did that day.

Robert Amoruso
09-15-2008, 06:43 PM
Jason,

One debate I am having with David Kenndy is the order of assembly of HDR pano images. Did you:

1) Process each pano exposure series first then assemble the pano then run HDR on the 5 results panos each exposed differently, or
2) Process the three HDR exposures and then assemble them in the HDR program, doing that five times and then creating the pano from the 5 HDR overlapping images?

And if you did two above , did you use the same settings in the HDR program to process each set of 3 pano exposures to get the HDR looking the same?

What program are you using?

Gus Cobos
09-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Simply fantastic, vibrant colors, it almost looks like 3-D...:cool:

Jason Searle
09-15-2008, 10:24 PM
Hey Robert good question.

Programmes used are either CS3 or Photomatix to process the files to form a HDR and post process. Depends on the scene and what look i am after as to which i will use.

The stiching programmes i use are autopano and PTgui, for the most part autopano does a fantastic job, when things get tricky i will use ptgui.

Regardless of exposures taken 3,5 or seven, in the above case it was 5 exposures per hdr image. I will process the images into hdr first and foremost, then process the hdr file to a tiff and then stitch the pano together.
I will process all the images from hdr to tiff using the exact same settings.

I find i have much better control and get a better end product stitching the finished hdr tiff files together after the fact. Especially as i rarley shoot just three exposures the processing power and time involved is alot shorter and more productive the way i work in my point of view. Once image is stitched together into photoshop to finish the image off.

Above image was photomatix and autpano and finished in photoshop.

Jason,

One debate I am having with David Kenndy is the order of assembly of HDR pano images. Did you:

1) Process each pano exposure series first then assemble the pano then run HDR on the 5 results panos each exposed differently, or
2) Process the three HDR exposures and then assemble them in the HDR program, doing that five times and then creating the pano from the 5 HDR overlapping images?

And if you did two above , did you use the same settings in the HDR program to process each set of 3 pano exposures to get the HDR looking the same?

What program are you using?

Julie Kenward
09-16-2008, 01:38 PM
Really spectacular image. Wow!

Jill Davis
09-20-2008, 04:06 PM
Great Image. I especially love the detail of the water. Nicely done.

Maxis Gamez
09-21-2008, 12:32 AM
Wild... everything said!