PDA

View Full Version : White-crowned Sparrow

Stephane Massie
01-13-2008, 10:41 PM
Hello,

It is my first post here.

On a rainy afternoon of May 2006 in noticed that little Sparrow who was feeding in my front yard. I sat on the couch, opened the window and hopped it will stop by my little apple tree that was blooming, and he did.

Canon 10D
100-400mm at 400 mm
1/100s at f5.6
Iso 400
Used a cushion as a bean-bag

Thank you all.

Steph.

Stephane Massie
01-13-2008, 10:53 PM
Oups I forgot:

Localization was on my yard in Saint-Jerome, Quebec, Canada. This is 50 km north of Montreal at the door of the Laurentiens Mountain.

My home is by the side of the North River and the little Provincial Park of the Wilson Falls is basically in my back yard.

Steph.

Paul Davey
01-13-2008, 10:58 PM
Stephane, welcome to BPN! The bird does look nice partially concealed with it's head "poking" out above the flowers, but only up to an extent. When viewing the thumbnail of this image on the forum I couldn't even find the bird. The image looks like it was taken on dull or dark conditions because I see a lot of blur which just isn't nice. I am assuming the weather conditions were like this as the plant seems to have a fresh coating of rain.

Paul

Arsdel Fluesmeier
01-14-2008, 11:36 AM
It's hard to find the bird here. Wait for a better perch.

Stephane Massie
01-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Hello Paul and Arsdel,

Thank you for the comments. Yes it was a raining outside so the "air" in the middle has water in it. I was wandering if a crop could help it, but for this it would need more resolution.

Thank’s again.

Steph.