PDA

View Full Version : Daytime Moon

Michael Lloyd
09-12-2008, 01:38 PM
It must seem like I can only shoot moon images :) Actually... I've been so busy with hurricane Ike prep that I have had no time to shoot. I did take about 30 minutes to shoot the Hummingbirds (that seem to have disappeared :cool: ) yesterday and grabbed this on the way into the house.

EOS1DsMKIII
Substantial crop even at 600mm. Pixels are your friend :)
F-Stop = F5
ISO Speed Ratings = 400
Shutter Speed (Exposure Time) = 1/1600 second
Aperture = F5
Flash = Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Focal Length = 600 mm

Roman Kurywczak
09-13-2008, 10:39 PM
Hi Michael,
I'd go with even a bigger crop. Looks like you have a bit of an easily corrected halo around the moon. I like the lighter blue of the dusk sky.......as compared to the black. Hope all is well with Ike!

Michael Lloyd
09-13-2008, 10:44 PM
Ack... got a little too froggy with the sharpening on this one...

Bigger like smaller moon?

Ike was a dud for me but 90 miles and further to the east it got pretty rough. I didn't even get rain...

Roman Kurywczak
09-14-2008, 08:59 AM
Hey Michael,
Glad to hear all was well with Ike.
I would crop off about 1/2 the blue all around the moon. Looks like you could pull it off without losing any detail or introducing too much noise.

Michael Lloyd
09-14-2008, 09:43 AM
How about this one Roman?

Michael Lloyd
09-14-2008, 09:44 AM
Or this one (ran an action on it...)

Roman Kurywczak
09-14-2008, 09:57 AM
2nd one...........Now that's what I'm talking about!

Robert Amoruso
09-15-2008, 08:33 AM
I like the look of the second one Mike. Nice going with the exposure and blue sky.

Michael Lloyd
09-19-2008, 09:11 AM
Thanks everyone. I was hoping to get a shot of the Harvest Moon but the clouds moved in and I missed it.

Robert, I see you have a workshop in the Wichita Mountains of Oklahoma. I haven't been in that area in some time but I remember that it is a nice area. I'll follow the link and see what your workshop is about. BTW- Here's a piece of geologic trivia for you. Did you know that the Wichita Mtn's continue down through Waco all the way out to Big Bend country? They are "under ground" in Waco though.