PDA

View Full Version : Oh heck, the kids are in the way......

Jeni Williams
09-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Tried under exposing for whites this time.:o
Canon 40D, focal length 420mm (300mm & 1.4x)
f/5.6 1/2000sec.
exp comp - 1 step.

Doug West
09-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Tried under exposing for whites this time.:o
Canon 40D, focal length 420mm (300mm & 1.4x)
f/5.6 1/2000sec.
exp comp - 1 step.

Jeni,

I think -1 was to much. You might've been able to get away with no compensation
even.

Using a little Curves Adjustment and playing with the Whites in Selective Color,
I lightened your image just a tad.

Doug

Gus Cobos
09-12-2008, 06:45 PM
Hi Jeni,
I like it as presented. I like the details in the wings, and I like the action...:cool:

Alfred Forns
09-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Hi Jeni What is that bird up to !!!!! They are totally crazy birds !!!!!

Tough exposing situation with those white areas. The leading wing edge is right at the ragged edge so I would have to say the exposure is fine for this one. If it retracts the wing would be under but really nothing you can do.

Might give the bird more room, feels tight overall. Do like how the little guys are looking at the landing parent in awe !!! Open beak and eye contact are very good !!! I like it a lot !!!

Jackie Schuknecht
09-12-2008, 09:10 PM
Good try. The image looks a little soft to me. I would tone down the white a little in the right wing. You get a lot of birds to photograph, you are lucky!

Lance Peters
09-12-2008, 11:50 PM
Hi Jeni - like the action - wll done, Agree with AL'S assement. :)

Jeni Williams
09-13-2008, 01:53 AM
Doug, thanks for helping - I am mainly using ACR and following John Shaw for editing. If I lighten the photo the histogram shows up red for overexposure and the at the mo I haven't the skills to isolate the goose and goslings from the background.:o
Al, thanks I'll redo the crop! Glad you like it!:D

Gus, Jackie and Lance, thanks for viewing and commenting!
I have to travel to find the birds Jackie, once a week I try to get to a farm dam or estuary within 60kms radius - most times I have the problem of not enough lens length though.:( Still waiting for that Lotto!!;)

Jackie Schuknecht
09-14-2008, 07:12 PM
Me too. If I win I will share with you:) I would like some long glass too!