Robert Amoruso
09-12-2008, 11:51 AM
And Jesus Wept, Oklahoma City National Memorial
Image Copyright 2008: Robert J Amoruso/Wildscape Images

Canon 1D Mark III, Canon 24-105mm @ 47mm
Mode: Av, Metering: Evaluative, ISO: 800
HDR Image from 7 bracketed exposures in 1 stop increments
1/1600 sec, f/22, AEB comp: -3 to 1/25 sec, f/22, AEB comp: +3

Seven exposures were combined in Photomatix and tone-mapped using its Details Enhancer algorithm to produce the Low Dynamic Range image above. The halo around the statue is due to settings in Photomatix – normally not desirable and something I could have corrected but here it suited the image. The statue of Jesus is a monument across the street from the Oklahoma City National Memorial. Jesus has his back turned to the former site of the court house with his head in his hand. Created in harsh light, HDR allowed me to capture a finely detail image with a full tonal range. Here I am looking for a realist rendition of the scene.

Gus Cobos
09-13-2008, 08:14 AM
Impressive Robert; Thanks for sharing...:cool:

Alfred Forns
09-14-2008, 05:47 AM
Powerful and the halo does enhance the image Robert !!! Excellent !!!

Harold Davis
09-14-2008, 10:23 AM
fantastic!! you are right. the halo does add to it here.

Alma K Bailey
09-16-2008, 09:51 AM
Robert,

This is a wonderful statue, I was home that day, 4 blocks away when the bomb went off. We lived in the Gatewood Estates.

As the earth started to rumble, my daughter Audar came running in my room saying "An earth quake" when all of a sudden a BOOM came . A VERY LOUD BOOM

I grew up by a base that set off explosions and I said 'NO that was a bomb.

Little did I know what had taken place, than 2 minutes later it came on the TV, Yes it was a BOMB, just 4 blocks away from us, it did shake up the old apt, I have to say.

This was not there when I moved home to california, it was still just a mess. I have seen the Memorial on TV and it is quite beautiful for the ugliness that happened that day.

Thank you for sharing this, I still remember like it like yesterday.

Alma

Julie Kenward
09-16-2008, 01:39 PM
Beautiful image...the halo is a perfect touch. I can't get over the detail in the statue...I've made images of a few of these and they aren't all that easy.