PDA

View Full Version : Quenching Thirst

Sabyasachi Patra
09-12-2008, 11:16 AM
This image of a wild tiger was taken early in the morning in Bandhavgarh National Park.

Canon EOS 40D, Canon EF 400mm F2.8 L IS USM, Canon EF 2xII, f6.3, 1/250 sec, ISO 400. Full frame.

Krijn Trimbos
09-12-2008, 11:58 AM
Congrats on getting this extremely nice shot of a very cool species! Love the comp and especially the low angle and the drinking pose. Would suggest to crop the darker strip out as it distracts a little IMHO. Great shot thanks for sharing.

Manos Papadomanolakis
09-12-2008, 12:05 PM
Nice light,color and eye contact!

Steve Canuel
09-13-2008, 02:07 AM
Great pose, colors, light, and detail. Wish his head was angled the other way but this is nice as is. Would agree with cropping the darker part off the bottom of the water. Nicely done.
Steve

Julie Kenward
09-13-2008, 04:21 PM
Love. That. Tongue!

Wonderful image, S. The pose of the tiger totally sets this one over the top for me. I'd consider cropping some of the OOF background out but the tiger is perfection!

Peter Buntman
09-14-2008, 06:04 AM
Stunning shot great colours and low angle makes this even better, the eye contact is also great, IMPO the crop is the wrong way depending on space I would like the tiger on the right and the space to look into on the left following the eyes.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> How about a pano crop, just a thought, </o:p>

Robert Amoruso
09-15-2008, 10:29 AM
I would agree that the crop would be better with more room on the left. The tiger and gaze are great.

Sabyasachi Patra
09-15-2008, 10:56 AM
I was waiting for the tiger to look to the right and took this shot as a precaution. The grass infront of its eyes was creating problems. Unfortunately, this was the last shot. A group of tourists arrived at the scene and started talking. The tiger got disturbed and left. On later occassions, I had timed this tigress (ohh yes, she is a tigress and mother of three) drinking water for 15 minutes. That includes little bit of pause, head turn to survey the surroundings etc. But on this day, the tigress was there for only about 4 mins. She is the same tigress, in my Predator and Prey photo, posted earlier.