PDA

View Full Version : Portrait extremely ungrateful Daddy Goose!!!

Jeni Williams
09-12-2008, 07:14 AM
News Flash!

Geese are extremely protective. Geese Bite!!!:eek::(
Any blood seen on Daddy's beak is MINE!:o

Daddy Goose has 5 goslings, one of which I discovered after photographing on Monday, had swallowed a hook and was tied up in fishing line. Yesterday, I pursuaded hubby to come with to try catch it. We managed to catch it ( hence the blood:cool:) - unfortunately couldn't get the hook without damaging it further but managed to cut the swivel and trace and line off pretty close to the hook so it's definitely more comfortable. Hopefully it'll make it.

P.S I know he's looking ahead .... Thank heavens for that too!!! I don't want to be in line of fire again.;)

Alfred Forns
09-12-2008, 10:42 AM
Jeni those Egyptian geese are brutal Remember seeing one in National Geographic holding his own against a Water Buffalo !!! Amazing sight

Hope he does fine at least with the line out will be easier and the hook should rust out !!!

Nicki Gwynn Jones
09-12-2008, 11:14 AM
Hi Jeni,
Full marks for the rescue attempt - hope that those wounds heal up nicelyl...:eek::eek:
Those HAP guys do seem to get everywhere don't they...!!!:cool::D
Regards,
Nicki

Judy Lynn Malloch
09-12-2008, 12:49 PM
I applaud your wonderful efforts Jeni and wish him and you the best. No more bites I hope. Thanks for sharing and for the background info.

Gus Cobos
09-12-2008, 08:49 PM
Hi Jeni,
Nicely done. How close did he let you get? :eek:

Jeni Williams
09-13-2008, 12:12 AM
Al, Nicki and Judy, Thanks for viewing!
Gus, it wasn't a case of how close he let me get, I had no choice! When we were catching the gosling he was chasing and biting us.... even afterwards when things settled he made a beeline for us every now and then. The blighter :-)