PDA

View Full Version : Spiderwort

Jason Kinsey
09-10-2008, 11:55 PM
Another from my outing earlier this week. I'm glad I stopped down this much, I shot a few from f/10 to f/13 and didn't get the detail I was after in the petals. Comments and critiques are appreciated as always.

D200, 60mm, ISO 200, f/16, 1/4 s, tripod

Ed Vatza
09-11-2008, 05:43 AM
Good Morning Jason.

I think the flower looks good here and the flower's detail is excellent.The dof does, however, bring the leaves into more focus as well creating a background that is busier than I like and does seem to me to detract a bit from the flower. Also the framing is a bit too tight for my tastes.

Julie Kenward
09-11-2008, 04:19 PM
I think Ed nailed it. Loosen up the crop just a bit and clone out some of the stem/leaves that don't really add to the image and I think you'll really love this one.

Jason Kinsey
09-11-2008, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the input folks. I'm going to try to rework this one as time allows and post the rework once I get it done. I still struggle with DOF and keeping the detail in my macro shots.....Thanks again for the suggestions.

Mike Moats
09-12-2008, 05:22 AM
Hey Jason, good details, I don't mind the tight crop as to me the main focus is the stamens contrasting very well against the blue petals.