PDA

View Full Version : More Rock!

Bob Malbon
09-10-2008, 07:07 PM
From the same beach as yesterdays post. Great shapes that I need to capture (better)!
1dm3 w/ 17-40 AV f11 iso100 - Bob

http://bob-malbon-photo.smugmug.com/photos/370086056_5snEF-O.jpg

Robert Amoruso
09-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Bob, we must be channeling. This is just the kind of composition I was hinting at in my critique of your other image.

Like the composition and the leading line of the crevice. I suggest a local contrast enhancement using USM at 10/20/0. I tried it out on the image and looked good.

Roman Kurywczak
09-13-2008, 10:30 PM
Hey Bob,
I like the comp here.................but I do have a question??? Judging by the shadow........this appears to be a bit later in the day...........Have you tried this at first light??? ............the crags in the rock may get some very interesting shadows and further emphasize the comp. First/last light ar always best with these type of images or a total overcast day to remove any harshness.

Bob Malbon
09-14-2008, 07:31 AM
Roman,
This was clicked late in the day. Can not get these rocks - boulders / ledge in the AM - East facing open ocean beach. We have 10 ft. tides here and everything on the East side of the subjects is hard to work around. What I have found is that to my eye the best light angle is 45 degrees rather than 180. I think that is what you are seeing in the shadow. Hoping to get another session before Thursday when I am off to Vermont to move rocks _ read : build a road for two weeks!
Thanks for the input.
Bob