PDA

View Full Version : White Ibis landing

Wheeler McDougal Jr.
09-10-2008, 04:39 PM
I took this image at the Viera Wetlands in Florida late in February and have not had time to work on it until now. I added the right wingtip for another image and added about an inch of canvas to the right side. Hope you like the result?

Camera Model: NIKON D3
Camera serial number: 2001016
Firmware: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
Owner: Wheeler McDougal Jr.
Date/Time: 2008:02:23 09:49:15
Copyright: Wheeler McDougal Jt.
Shutter speed: 1/5000 sec
Aperture: 9
Exposure mode: Av
Exposure compensation: -1/3
Flash: Off

Nicki Gwynn Jones
09-10-2008, 05:20 PM
Hi Wheeler,
This is spectacular! I love the eye contact and the feather detail, especially on the right wing. My only slight nit is that the whites look a little gray - perhaps you could lighten them a little. I love that the bird is so full in the frame.
Regards,
Nicki

Fabs Forns
09-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Very nicely done, Mac, great light, great pose and great exposure. I'd crop some of the left and top for a stronger compo.

Lance Peters
09-10-2008, 05:49 PM
Hi - Nice shot - right wing tip looks a little off - needs a little cleaning up maybe??

Well done
:)

Judy Lynn Malloch
09-10-2008, 07:18 PM
What a spectacular flight pose. Great timing, exposure and composition, Thanks for sharing !!

Alfred Forns
09-10-2008, 08:24 PM
I like it a lot Wheeler !!! Agree with comments Particularly would do a curves adjustment form the white feathers Love the pose and head position !!! Excellent !!!

Linda Robbins
09-11-2008, 06:19 AM
Wonderful pose! I would crop from the left and add a little more canvas to the right. I agree with the comments on brightening the whites, and I might also lighten the left eye area a bit. Lovely capture.

Wheeler McDougal Jr.
09-11-2008, 12:05 PM
Thank you all for yopur comments. I have tried to apply you suggestions and am reposting them here. Please let me know what you think. I think they make abetter image. I must day I could not seem to get the bird much whiter.

Tony Whitehead
09-11-2008, 06:25 PM
Lovely shot, Wheeler. I really like the concentration of the pilot on final approach. The thing that is disturbing me is the right (bird's left) wing. The patched in black primaries don't quite suit the posture of the bird. The fact that the alula is upswept suggests the primaries on the bird's left should be upswept as the one on it's right are. I might just crop in tighter to exclude the missing wing tip and focus in on the eye contact