PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Key Sunrise

Jason Hahn
12-30-2007, 08:28 AM
One from a while back, taken in Cedar Key, FL, at sunrise, looking out over the flats and oyster bars. Normally I wouldn't dead center the sun, but I thought it worked in this particular scene. Let me know what you think.

1dMkII, 100-400 @130mm, 1/15 sec, f/16, ISO100, 7 shot vertical stitch

Jason

D. Robert Franz
12-30-2007, 09:38 AM
Man some sweet light light here Jason.. Your really going after the panos.. I need to do more of them. Great image but I see two thing I may have done differently (doesn't mean better) I might have liked the sun a bit to the left to a power point (Does the golden mean apply to pano's?) and I'm nost sure I like the FG island on the left. Love the little island on the right.. May have used it as my anchor..

Maxis Gamez
12-30-2007, 11:33 AM
Hey Jason,

I have to agree with Robert's comment. I don't mind the sun but the FG island is really bothering me. With that said, the colors and details are fantastic.

David Kennedy
12-30-2007, 01:07 PM
I agree with Maxis and Robert--the FG island doesn't seem to contribute to the image. It was a good idea to try it, though. As for the sun, I wouldn't have any problems with it if the FG was stronger.

As it is, I would suggest a crop from the bottom and left side to eliminate the FG. At the same time, it would shift the sun slightly. I've uploaded an illustration of what I'm thinking.

Alfred Forns
12-30-2007, 10:17 PM
Agree with the crop suggestion !!!!! Sweet !!!

Robert Amoruso
12-31-2007, 11:42 AM
That's how I would crop as well. Center placement of the sun did not work for me as did the left cropped island.